Emergency and Escape Procedures and Plant and Field Brief
Industries: chemical, light and heavy industry, energy, petrol and natural gas, production, storage and trade of hazardous chemicals and substances, green energy, food, metal industry, oil production and refining
At Hazmat we invest heavily to provide our clients with the optimal solutions in each of the defence layers that are meant to reduce, prevent and minimize the risks at the organization. The defence layers cannot be considered as perfect until the completion of the most misleading part- “the emergency solution layer”. This layer is misleading and complex because the human element of it is very big and significant without almost any ability to have assistance from automatic and passive defences.
In order to analyse and improve the emergency solution layer, we split the problem into three stages:
Stage 1. Creating reference scenarios and checking the ways in which the holding layer fails and the procedural event becomes an incident. Simulations and diverse risk assessments allow us to qualitatively and even quantitatively assess what is the expected damage (a risk assessment known as a probability risk assessment). The scenarios that we can analyse include hazardous substances incidents, fire, spread of epidemics, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, war and terror situations and even routine faults of critical equipment.
Stage 2. Assessing the effectiveness and drilling of the emergency teams in providing lifesaving solutions and initial treatment at an incident for scenarios developed in the prior stage.
Stage 3. Drilling and assessing the functioning of the organization in providing solutions relating to managing the incident and solutions for medium and long term which focus on the business survivability and rehabilitation of the organization.
Our basket of products includes meticulous preparation of each stage separately or an integration of the entire defence layer for a comprehensive solution. Among others, our basket of products includes:
- Deterministic risk assessments, consequence based risk assessments, statistics based risk assessments, quantitative risk assessments, QRA. Our risk assessments enable calculation of risk ranges, estimating casualties, dynamic evaluation of spreading or “rolling” of an incident, all using the best models available.
- Setting up and drilling of emergency teams, ERT, effectiveness analysis for emergency teams and requiring the improvement of previous defence layers where the team cannot be effective enough.
- Management drilling and examination of the management of a rolling incident.
- Analysis of equipment/ facilities/ accessories/ goods/ raw materials that are crucial, that are crucial in that damage to them would cause a deadly blow to the organization’s survivability chances and finding alternatives or engineering solutions.
- Analyzing the rehabilitation options.
- Preparation of procedures, analyses, optimization calculations, including economic optimization and drilling of all of these.
Industry: institutions and public structures, construction, engineering and architecture
Even when our planning is a safe planning, and our prevention layer is perfect and our defense systems can stop almost any incident, we must ensure that the organization is prepared to deal with an incident that got through our defense layers and is threatening the inhabitants of the structure.
To do this, we’re suggesting a number of solutions to manage emergency incidents according to the organization’s motivation to protect the employees beyond the minimal legal requirements:
- Preparation of a field brief in accordance with the Chief Firefighting Inspector’s Instruction 503.
- Preparation of emergency and escape procedures.
- Emergency and escape drills.
- Setting up and drilling ERT emergency teams.
- Criticalness analyses.